Technical Workplace Risk Assessments
ACA also can help you to manage and reduce workplace risks by conducting targeted technical assessments of the below key risk areas:
- Confined spaces
- We can identify all of the confined spaces at your site and conduct a risk assessment on each. We can also review your confined space procedures, permit systems and other related documentation.
- We can conduct a visual inspection of all major items of mechanical plant and equipment at your site, in order to identify risks arising from inadequate guarding, isolation systems, live electricity, maintenance, lack of safe work processes etc.
- Working at heights
- A full inspection of your site can be conducted to identify potential areas where working at heights may be required, including, but not limited to, roofs, ceilings, plant, mezzanine levels and other areas where there is potential for a fall to occur to employees or contractors. A risk assessment can be conducted and will include a review of existing control measures (e.g. current documentation, fall arrest/restraint equipment, ladders, stairways etc.)
- Hazardous substances
- We can conduct an inspection of all areas where hazardous substances are stored or used (e.g. plant rooms, cooling tower areas, cleaners store rooms etc.). This will include an assessment of current storage arrangements, spill control, bulk fuel storage, signage and labelling and available fire services. A review of documentation (e.g. bulk storage certification, emergency response plans, safety data sheets, contractor certification, current inventory etc.) will also be conducted.
- We can also prepare an inventory of hazardous substances for your site, including chemical name, storage locations, max quantities and specific storage and segregation requirements.
- Indoor air quality
- We can undertake representative indoor air quality (IAQ) spot testing at your site. The following IAQ parameters will be tested: temperature, relative humidity, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
- Occupational noise
- We can assess the noise levels within noisy areas at your site (e.g. plant room, chiller room etc) and compare the results with workplace exposure standards. The assessment will include a review of documentation and controls such as training and health monitoring records, PPE, signage and noise reducing devices.
- Occupational dust, including Silica
- We can assess the levels of inhalable and respirable dust (including Silica) at your site and compare the results with workplace exposure standards. The assessment will include a review of documentation and controls such as training and health monitoring records, PPE, signage, dust suppression devices and ventilation.